Grantees

+500,000

"J" Foundation, Inc. has provided over $500,000 in assistance to families with terminally ill children.

The "J" Foundation, Inc. in known as one of our area's primary supporters in terminally ill youngsters and their families. Our vision is to provide the best quality of life for children, and their families that have been faced with life limiting illness. There are very minimal government resources in the Tri-State Area ear-marked for a family with a terminally ill child or for funeral expense assistance. Many of our referrals for assistance come from Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children and Children's Hospital of Philadelphia.

All Board members volunteer their time and services allowing 85% of all donations to go towards the cause, with remaining 15% being used to further the cause. Your donation and support to the "J" Foundation, Inc. will help make our work a success and assist the many families in need of your help at the most difficult time in their lives.

Dale Perkel, LCSW, Social Work Manager, The Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children

"Because of the Foundation's help in providing and paying for therapy, the family received the counseling they needed and have been able to put their lives back together and to live with the loss of their child."

Edward Speeding, MSW, The Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children

"The J Foundation gives people a small glimpse of kindness during times when they are immersed in darkness. Without this foundation, our patients would not know where to turn and we, as social workers, would certainly be less able to help."

Dale Perkel, LCSW, Social Work Manager, The Alfred I. DuPont Hospital for Children

"I want to thank you for the unique service that you provide to the families of terminally ill children. Their families struggle in many ways both before and after the deaths of their children. Your educational materials have been invaluable to helping families better understand the grieving process."